Environmental and renewable energy finance
Ethically investing to make low carbon projects happen
We are actively talking to communtiy groups and developers of renewable energy and environmental projects in the UK who have an investment requirement. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Through providing flexible finance CO2Sense works to support environmental projects in the UK. We can also consider working capital injections and equity investments. All the proceeds from these investments are reinvested to further encourage sustainable development. We support both commercial and community projects.
Methods of investment
- The exact method of investment is flexible and is designed to suit the project. In the past, we have provided project finance, bridging loans, development loans and equity investment.
- We look for a return to reflect the risks that we are taking. The exact terms will vary on a project by project basis, depending on how we rate the risks within the project and the level of security we are able to take.
- We are committed to making short to medium term investments, for no longer than 5 years. This is to ensure our fund is sustainable.
What we would consider
We are keen to support projects within the environmental spectrum including (but not limited to) renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, smart grids and demand management, and waste management. As an example we can offer:
- Development loans to fund works required to reach planning consent
- Bridging loans to cover costs between planning permission and construction
- Short term loans to cover construction costs
- Equity investment and working capital injections to help grow a business
- Anchor investment and underwriting for peer to peer share and bond offers
Our investment is flexible so the best way to understand how we could help is to contact us and discuss your requirements.
Take a look at our case studies to see how we have financed other projects.
As a CIC we are committed to providing the same type of investment support to community owned projects. We have a strong track record with this sector having been involved in some of the earliest projects back in 2009. Click to see some of our case studies.